After a long time I've prepared something nice that I thought of sharing with you all. As my back is hurting today, I did not want to spend long time in the kitchen. So I prepared chaat-style salad using Brown Chana (a type of chick pea). My DH is fan of whole beans and lentils, so I have a variety of them in my store-cupboard. I used a can of boiled Brown Chana for this salad. Here's a picture of brown Chana for your reference.
This salad is very easy to make, protien-packed and very tasty as well. You can eat it on its own or serve it as a side-dish.
Brown Chana Chaat
Ingredients
1 can of Brown Chana or 1/2 cup of dry brown chana soaked overnight and boiled
1 medium Potato - boiled and cubed
1 small onion chopped
1 tomato - chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Amchur Powder / Chaat Masala
Salt to taste
Fine Sev for crunch (optional)
Juice of Half Green Lime
1 tsp oil
Method
- If you are using canned Chana, then drain the water and wash the chana to remove excess salt.
- In a pan, take about 1 tsp oil and toast the boiled chana. Add the chilli powder, salt and cumin powder. Roast it for couple of minutes. This step is optional, but I prefer lightly toasted Chana.
- Take the chana in a large bowl. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Adjust salt and chilli-powder as per your liking.
- Finally, squeeze juice of half lime. Mix again and serve.
Poonam:
ReplyDeleteChat has the great looks to make anybody hungry.
I will try the chat this weekend..
It looks so tempting. I wish it comes just in front of me...
Keep it up :)