It's a typical British day outside - dull and wet! Very uninspiring to say the least and I have been feeling lazy as well. This is just my first week of blogging and I had made promise to myself that I would be writing atleast one post (atleast initially :-) So I have been wondering what to cook for lunch that can be made quickly while my little one is asleep - I sometimes feel guilty when I have to cook leaving him alone to entertain himself.
So I had a quick look in the fridge - lots of fresh vegetables waiting for their turn to be consumed. I had been feeling health-conscious recently and had stocked up on vegetables on my last trip to the super-market. I had been thinking of making Salads - but already three days have passed and Salad has not made it to our dining table yet. And today's not an ideal day for Salad but if I don't do something about those veggies today, I doubt if I would be able to finish them before weekend.
The Salad I had been thinking of making has no name - it's my own invention and I am going to call it "Rainbow Salad". "Rainbow" because it has seven different beans/vegetables - Kidney Beans (boiled), Sweet Corn, Spring Onions, Carrots, Green Capsicum, Red Capsicum and Cabbage. I cannot emphasize enough the goodness of these veggies and the Salad tastes great as well.
Rainbow Salad
Ingredients
3/4 can of Rajmah/Red Kidney Beans
1/2 cup of Sweet Corn Kernels
Couple of Spring Onions - sliced
1/2 Green Pepper - cut into 1" long strips
1/2 Red Pepper - cut into 1" long strips
1 Carrot - grated
1/2 cup shredded Cabbage
2 Green Chillies
For dressing
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Method
Very easy-peasy! Mix all the vegetables in a big bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together dressing ingredients and pour the dressing on the salad. Mix well.
This Salad looks very appealing on its own.
Here's a close look of the Salad:
Served on lettuce leaves:
If you entertaining guests, then this salad can be served on tacos or on potato-nests as starters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment