I browsed for recipes for this dosa and each called for varying proportions of rice to lentils. So I thought of using my own judgement : 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of mixed lentils - Chana, Toor, Urad and Moong. The good thing is you have to soak them for 2-3 hours only.
You can make variations to the spices used for the dosa. I would also add grated carrots/spinach if I was making it for my little one.
Adai Dosa
Ingredients:
1 cup Rice
1 cup lentils (mixture of Urad, Toor, Chana and Moong dals) - You can take 1/4 cup of each.
Salt to taste
4 Red Chillies
2 Green Chillies
1 medium Onion
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
Few Curry leaves
1/2 inch piece of Ginger
Oil for frying dosa
Method
- Soak rice and lentils separately for 2-3 hours.
- Grind them together along with chillies, onion, ginger, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add little water while grinding to get a thick but coarse batter. Add salt to taste.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and ladle about 1/2 cup of mixture on the pan and spread it out in circular motion to make a big round dosa. Let it cook on medium heat.
- When the lower side is cooked and browned, flip the dosa and cook the other side briefly.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney - it's delicious on its own as well.
Yummy, I haven't had this one for a while :). I will try to make it this weekend.
ReplyDelete